Show Easy Read
- This is a route from Penbryn 5 to Hafan Campus car park.
- This route is approximately 400m long, this should take approximately 5 minutes to complete on foot.
- This route is along university access roads and passes the Parry Williams, Arts Centre and Students Union.
- The main hazards on this route are busy pedestrian paths and uncontrolled crossings.
Penbryn 5 to Arts Centre
- Exit Penbryn 5 (P5) to the right up the easy ramp.
- This ramp has an even brick block paved surface and is shown in photographs 1 and 2.
- At the top of the slope bear right along pavement.
- There is an level uneven tarmac surface.
- After approximately 10m cross the Blue Badge bay parking area.
- There is tactile paving and dropped kerbs on each side of the parking area.
- There is a path marked in yellow lines, approximately 110cm wide along the inside of the Blue Badge bays.
- This area is shown in photographs 4 and 5.
- After approximately 5m turn left at the tactile paving to cross the university access road.
- This crossing has tactile paving and dropped kerbs on both sides and is shown in photographs 6 and 7.
- Turn right after the crossing.
- The pavement is uneven, level and has a tarmac surface.
- Approximately 60m along the pavement there is a dropped kerb with tactile paving on the right of the pavement.
- Pass the tactile paving and continue along the side of the carpark as the pavement bears slightly left.
- Turn right at the building in front of you to follow the pavement and cross the car park.
- This crossing was partially obstructed by a vehicle at the time of the survey.
- There is a dropped kerb and tactile paving on both sides of the car park crossing.
- This crossing is shown in photographs 12, 13, 14 and 15.
- Turn left after crossing the car park.
- The pavement is level and even with a concrete slab surface in this area.
- After approximately 20m head down the steep slope, shown in photographs 17 and 18, into the Arts Centre.
- Access through the Arts Centre can provide step free access to the Students Union and the Hugh Owens Library.
Arts Centre to Hafan Car Park
- Exit the Arts Centre via the cinema exit.
- This area is even and level and has a concrete slab pavement which becomes brick block paving.
- Cross the Blue Badge bay parking area approximately 50m from the entrance.
- This area is shown in photograph 4.
- The pavement area around the end of the path is only partially pedestrianised and so slow moving vehicles may be in this area.
- Approximately 60m from the Arts Centre and on the far side of the Blue Badge bay area, take the ramp off the parking area.
- The visitors car park is located directly ahead and can be accessed via the path on the right.
- There is 1 medium height step to access the ramp.
- This ramp is steep with a hand rail on right as you go up for first section.
- This ramp has an uneven concrete surface.
- The entrance and beginning of the ramp is shown in photographs 5, 6 and 7.
- Bear left to follow the sloped path.
- The path is 90cm wide with a steep, uneven, concrete surface.
- After approximately 40m turn right on to a loose stone path, as shown in photographs 10 and 11.
- This area has a steep gradient and an uneven surface.
- The loose stone path curls around to the right and leads into the Hafan car park access road.
- Upon entering the road turn left to enter the Hafan car park.
- This area has a tarmac surface and has frequent traffic during peak times.
- There are no designated Blue Badge bays or specific pedestrian routes within the car park.