- SPOOKS R US is located in Gloomy Wood.
- For the Gloomy Wood Access Guide please click here (new tab).
- SPOOKS R US is located at the top of a steep slope.
- SPOOKS R US is used as the exit for the ride Duel: The Haunted House Strikes Back.
- The nearest changing places is located between Gloomy Wood and Forbidden Valley.
- For more information on the changing places please click here (new tab).
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the Explorer's Pizza and Pasta Buffet or in Forbidden Valley.
- The nearest standard toilets are located in Gloomy Wood, next to SPOOKS R US.
- The nearest baby change facilities are located in Gloomy Wood, next to SPOOKS R US.
- For more information on the standard toilets/baby change facilities please click here (new tab).
- The guest information point is located in No.1 Towers Street, near to the Main Resort Entrance.
- For more information on the guest information point please click here (new tab).
- The medical centre is located between Towers Street and Mutiny Bay.
- For more information on the medical centre please click here (new tab).
COVID-19 Information (Alton Towers Resort)
- The information in this section was taken in March 2021.
- There have been no changes to the Blue Badge parking.
- There are external queuing systems at the main resort entrance and for the rides/attractions and buildings within the resort.
The external queuing systems for the main resort entrance have been designated into numbered lanes which ensures social distancing.
- Guest temperatures are checked before entering the resort. Any person who is displaying a high temperature associated with fever will not be permitted to enter. Please contact Guest Services should you have any concerns.
- Members of staff are available for assistance at the main resort entrance and within the resort.
- There are entrance and exit doors at the majority of shops/restaurants around the resort.
- Hand sanitisers are available throughout the resort and inside buildings/toilets.
- There is a limited capacity within the resort and all tickets must be pre-booked in advance.
- Face masks are required on selected rides, indoor attractions and queue lines, shops and toilets, public areas in hotels and when queuing inside for food and drinks.
- Guests are advised to keep left when using walkways and roaming the resort.
- Floor markings are in place at the majority of ride/attraction queuing systems and throughout walkways, to allow for social distancing.
- Signage has been installed throughout the resort informing guests of the safety measures and instructions to follow.
- Clear screens have been installed at all guest facing counters/desks.
- Toilets remain open as usual, however some cubicles/urinals will be closed off to allow for social distancing.
- Additional hygiene and cleaning programmes have been introduced around the resort with all front facing staff wearing PPE.
- The venue is certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the theme park map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- There is a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; large print on request.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact a member of staff or Guest Services.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people who may feel scared or at risk.
- The quiet/safe place is located in No.1 Towers Street.
- Ear defenders and RADAR keys are available from Guest Services.
- Portable hearing loops are available for use around the resort. These are available from Guest Services.
- Free WiFi is available throughout the resort.
- All staff undertake Disability Awareness and Equality Training.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, in Gloomy Wood.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'SPOOKS R US'.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- There is a dark mat or floor marking at this entrance that might be perceived as a hole.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the opening is 320cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The depth of the step(s) is/are between 30cm and 45cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The majority of aisle widths are 150cm+.
- The type of flooring is tiles.
- There is good colour contrast between the walls and floor in all areas.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- Music is played everywhere.
- The till(s) is/are located to the left as you enter.
- There is step-free access to the till(s).
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the till(s).
- The till(s) is/are not clearly signed.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors at/behind the till(s).
- The till(s) is not/are not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the till(s) are moderate to good.
- The chip & pin card machines are accessible from the till(s).
- The height of the till(s) is/are 100cm.
- There is not a lowered section at the till(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the till(s).
Counter (Duel: The Haunted House Strikes Back - Photos)
- The counter is located ahead when leaving the exit point for Duel.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are moderate to good.
- The height of the counter is 136cm.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- There is a touch screen.
- The type of flooring in this area is tiles.