Opening Times (October - March)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (April - September)
- Monday 09:00 - 20:30..
- Tuesday 09:00 - 20:30..
- Wednesday 09:00 - 20:30..
- Thursday 09:00 - 20:30..
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00..
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Newtonabbey.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Mossley West.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located adjacent to the containers.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 50m (54yd 2ft) from the main site entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge bay is located at the visitors and staff car park area at the top of the site.
- There is closer standard parking adjacent to containers where staff are available to assist.
Outside Access (Vehicular Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the access road.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
Waste Disposal Site
- The waste disposal site entrance is located off the main road, to the left as you enter.
- The entrance does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a pedestrian entrance available.
- There is step free access throughout the site.
- The waste disposal site surface is tarmac and concrete.
- Pedestrian walkways are available.
- The pedestrian walkways are located in the central area.
- The pedestrian walkways are clearly marked.
- Pedestrian crossings are not available.
- Access to the waste disposal containers is; step free and by ramp/slope.
Containers with Ramps/Slopes
- The gradient(s) of the ramp(s)/slope(s) accessing the waste disposal container(s) is/are steep.
- The ramp(s) do/does have handrails/a handrail.
- Handrails at the waste disposal containers are on both sides of the ramp/slope.
Containers with Steps
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked at some of the waste disposal containers.
- The step(s) has/have handrail(s) at all of the waste disposal containers.
- Handrails at the waste disposal containers are on both sides of the steps.
- There is a staff office on site.
- The staff office is located in the central area.
- There is step free access into the staff office.
- A member of staff is available to provide assistance.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
Level Change (Waste Packers)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located on the ramps leading to the majority of packers.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading up to some containers.
- There is/are 1-2 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The ramp/slope does not bypass the step(s).
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Children are not welcomed at the venue.