- Services / facilities within the building include councillor surgeries and Work and Win (by appointment only).
- The venue is used by local community groups including the Women's Institute, Barnsley Carers Drop In, a Lego Club and History Group.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- The library is open for order and collect service and printing using a pre-booked PC.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are not clearly marked/signed.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are currently unavailable.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Monday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Tuesday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Thursday 14:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 12:30.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Wombwell.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 480cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 98cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 135cm (4ft 5in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 10cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The desk/counter is 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
- Other computer auxiliary aids include wrist support, footrests and document holders.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the reception.
- This accessible toilet is located to the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 224cm (4ft 9in x 7ft 4in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a baby changing mat available in the accessible toilet (shown in photograph 6).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The accessible toilet is also used as the standard shared toilet.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- This venue is a registered Barnsley Safe Place.