- Services / facilities within the building include a medical centre, pharmacy, The Allotment Deli, Children and Young People Family Services, district nurses, health visitors, speech therapy and podiatry services, meeting rooms available to hire.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- The library is only open for order and collect and printing with a pre booked PC.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are clearly marked/signed.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are currently unavailable.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 12:30.
- Sunday Closed.
- Please be aware that opening times will differ on Bank Holidays.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Elsecar.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is High Croft.
- The car park is located on High Croft.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are no Blue Badge bays in the car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of and to the right of the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are in the centre.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The steps to the left of the entrance only have handrails on the right.
- The desk/counter is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The reception desk is to the right as you enter the venue.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The library have computers with extra large screens.
- The height of the desks are 74cm high.
- There are chairs with armrest available within the library.
- There are connect consultation rooms at the rear of the library.
- The door to the consultation room that was surveyed slides to the left.
- The width of the door is 82cm .
- The height of the table is 78cm.
- The are chairs with armrests available.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are not available for computer users.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the right of the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 120cm x 209cm (3ft 11in x 6ft 10in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are two lifts side by side.
Location and access
- The facility is located to the right of the main entrance.
- The facility is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do need a key for the facility.
- It is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from member of staff.
- The door opens inwards.
- The width of the door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The dimensions of the facility are 257cm x 550cm (8ft 5in x 18ft 1in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 180cm (5ft 11in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers the changing bench.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Dropdown rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the dropdown rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is fixed.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available at the wash basin.
- As you face the wash basin, the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is not available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is not available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is not available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from the floor).
- The hoist also covers the shower.
- Accessible shower facilities are available.
- The accessible shower(s) surveyed is/are located within the changing places facility.
- The facilities available in the accessible shower(s) include; an adjustable shower head.
- There is level access to the services from the accessible shower facilities.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left of the main entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Changing and Feeding Room
- The room is located to the left of the main entrance.
- The room is 17m from the main entrance.
- The door is single, light, opens away from you and is 87cm wide.
- The height of the baby change table is 87cm high.
- There is a sink with push taps.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is a feeding chair available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.