- Services / facilities within the building include Royston Leisure Centre spinning room.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Royston Leisure Centre and Royston Library.
- Royston Leisure Centre are keyholders for this venue.
- The venue is used by various community groups including Diabetes Prevention and Darby and Joan Club.
- The venue is also used by Community Health and Wellbeing by referral only.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Royston.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Darton.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front and rear of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 6 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 600cm (11ft 10in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 48m (52yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 60m (65yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located outside the main entrance.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop off point.
- There is not tactile paving on the dropped kerb.
- Photograph 1 shows the Blue Badge parking in front of the library.
- There are additional Blue Badge bays and standard parking available in the Civic Hall / Royston Leisure Centre car park (photographs 2-6.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped and stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) both ways.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 132cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The tables and chairs in this area can be arranged according to the event.
- There is a high service bar (shown in photograph 6).
- There are three deep steps without handrails leading to the stage (shown in photograph 7).
- These steps are removable.
- There is a kitchen available with standard base units.
- The kitchen is equipped with a fridge.
- The sink has lever taps.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located on the grass areas at the front of the venue.