- Related link Festival Place Shopping Centre.
- Please see the Festival Place Shopping Centre guide for parking and main access details.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Basingstoke.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Basingstoke.
- The venue is in a shopping mall.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the upper ground floor of Festival Place.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- The bar does serve food.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the service counter.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 4m (13ft 1in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is coffee and cakes.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located at the rear of the venue.
- Unisex toilets are 17m (19yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 19m (21yd) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 170cm (4ft 9in x 5ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 65cm (2ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.