- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Basingstoke.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Basingstoke.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 370cm x 400cm (12ft 2in x 13ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 25m (27yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 29m (32yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance, via lift.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad or push button activated.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 77cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played depending on events.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
Level Change (Social Club)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located leading up to the social club.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to the area / service.
- Lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a standard and / or platform lift to access this service.
Lift (Social Club)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the main hall.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is 15m (16yd) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 150cm (2ft 11in x 4ft 11in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located next to the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 205cm (6ft 7in x 6ft 9in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located next to the main entrance.
- The female and male toilets are 3m (9ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.