- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Basingstoke.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Basingstoke.
- A member of staff is able to meet customers at the Bus & Rail station by arrangement.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Toilets are currently unavailable.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Thursday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Saturday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- Sunday is open for those with membership that have pre booked.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 16 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 356cm x 490cm (11ft 8in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 116cm.
- The desk is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is low.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Route maps are available.
- Manual wheelchairs are available.
- Powered wheelchairs are available.
- Powered scooters are available.
- Equipment does not have to be booked in advance.
- There is a hire charge.
- Escorts are not normally available to assist around town / city.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a visual impairment.
- Trained escorts are not available for people with a hearing impairment.
- There is a £7 joining fee to become a member.
- It costs members £4 to hire equipment.
- Non members are charged £8.
- There are now walking frames available for hire.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located next to reception.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is easy to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 195cm x 228cm (6ft 5in x 7ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 40cm (1ft 4in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.