- Services / facilities within the building include a main hall and kitchen.
- Whitchurch Parish Hall is available for hire.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Whitchurch.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Church Street Car Park.
- The car park is located on Church Street.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are easy to open.
- The width of the door opening is 116cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 114cm (3ft 9in).
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 3m (3yd 10in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 260cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 6in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located to the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.