- AccessAble are aware that there have been changes to this Access Guide, which includes the information for the upgraded furniture. Our surveyors will revisit the venue to update the information as soon as possible, subject to Government restrictions.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Belfast Lanyon PLace.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Due to current restrictions, this venue is currently takeaway only.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is NCP Montgomery Street.
- The car park is located in Montgomery Street.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 200cm x 550cm (6ft 7in x 18ft 1in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located in Gloucester Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 132cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the main entrance doors.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the café.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the café.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 216cm x 186cm (7ft 1in x 6ft 1in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 128cm (4ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are waste paper pedal bin and sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The baby change unit is fixed height but may be moved.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.