- Services / facilities within the grounds include a Visitors Centre and walking paths.
- Related link Lock Keepers Cottage - Visitor Centre.
- The Lock Keeper's Cottage has been fully restored through a range of Heritage Lottery, European, Government and Council funding.
- The Regional Park opens this facility to the public as part of their living heritage through Volunteer Heritage Guides.
Opening Times (Cottage)
- Opening times do vary depending on timetabling.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Balmoral Halt.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Access to the car park for the Lock Keeper's Cottage is off Malone Road in Belfast.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located off Lock Keepers Lane.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Vehicular access to the car park is via the Shaw's Bridge Sports Association car park.
- The gate to the Lock Keeper's car park is in the right hand corner as you enter the Shaw's Bridge Sports Association car park.
Outside Access (Cottage Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in front of the building.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 79cm.
- The step(s) is/are located at the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 5cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are low to moderate.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilet facilities are located in the Visitor Centre.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet facilities are located in the Visitor Centre.