- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Belfast.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Titanic Quarter.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- There is a designated drop off point.
- The drop off point is located next to the ship.
- There are several car parks in the Titanic Quarter including - Titanic Belfast, Belfast Metropolitan College and several public car parks along Queens Drive.
Outside Access (SS Nomadic Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the Vessel.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft) wide.
Level Change (SS Nomadic Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The Tour of the SS Nomadic covers all levels of the ship.
- There are audio guides available to use and there are lower touch screens available.
- After the tour visitors are welcome to go around the ship on their own.
- There is a fixed hearing loop located in the engine room.
Level Change (SS Nomadic)
- Due to the flooring on the decks being on a camber there is an easy slope on the floor.
- There are some easy and moderate ramps located at points around the tours.
- There are some areas of the ship that can only be accessed by steps. If the area is area is not accessible the tour guide can provide information about the area.
Other Floors (SS Nomadic)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are all decks.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
Lift (SS Nomadic)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located at the centre of the ship.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are all decks.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 140cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Accessible Toilet (SS Nomadic)
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 15m (16yd 1ft) from the SS Nomadic Entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the upper deck at the stern of the ship.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 175cm x 220cm (5ft 9in x 7ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Standard Toilet(s) (SS Nomadic)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the upper deck at the bow and stern of the ship.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There are clearly marked shallow steps at the entrance to the standard toilets at the bow and stern of the ship.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.