- Related link City of Merchants Trail.
- Related link Lagan Maritime Trail.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Belfast.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- If you are starting the trail in Belfast City Centre the nearest mainline station is Great Victoria Station and if you are starting the trail in the Titanic Quarter the nearest station is the Titanic Quarter Station.
- There is a variety of parking in Belfast City Centre including on street parking and public car parks.
- There are also several public car parks in the Titanic Quarter including Odyssey, Titanic Belfast, Belfast Met College and at various points along Queens Road.
- The Titanic Trail runs through the City Centre and across the River Lagan to the Titanic Quarter, the trail starts at City Hall and Finishes at the Titanic Dock and Pump house
- At various points along the route there are information hubs which have signpost for the tour route. The information hubs have QR codes which can be used to get more information.
- Along the tour route there are some easy and moderate slopes and there are dropped curbs at crossing point. There is a moderate slope leading up to the Lagan Weir to cross the Lagan River.
Accessible Toilet (Custom House Square)
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located on Custom House Square.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The door opens by sliding.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is no dropdown rail.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The door into the toilet is automatic and there is a push button to lock the door.
- For people without a radar key there is 20p charge.
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- The baby change facilities are located in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 75cm (2ft 5in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.