Show Easy Read
Getting Help and Assistance
- To book and obtain special assistance and for information please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Team members receive deaf awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in Irish Sign Language.
- The alternative formats documents can be provided in include; Braille.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- The assistance dog toilet or toileting area is located landside or airside as directed by the Special Assistance Team.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are mobility aids available.
- The mobility aids available include mobile hoists, ceiling track hoists, wheelchairs, shower chairs and hoist slings.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the Special Assistance team in the Check-in Hall.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The place of safety is located in the International Departures corridor.
- For information about the Belfast International Airport Special Assistance Services please click here (opens in new tab).
Access To (Departure Gate 18)
- Stairs can be used to access other floors.
- The stairs are located just after you enter.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 1 (Departure Lounge) and 0 (Departure Gates).
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between the recommended 15cm and 18cm.
- The going of the step(s) is/are not between the recommended 30cm and 45cm.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels at the steps are good.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located just off the Departure Lounge, via a staff corridor.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- A member of staff needs to be notified for use of the lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 1 (Departure Lounge) and 0 (Departure Gates).
- There is a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- Lift doors do contrast visually with lift lobby walls.
- The external controls for the lift are within 90cm - 110cm from the floor.
- The colour contrast between the external lift controls and the control plate is good.
- The colour contrast between the external lift control plate and the wall is good.
- The clear door width of the lift is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 165cm x 165cm (5ft 5in x 5ft 5in).
- There are no separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- There is not a hearing loop system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are good.
Departure Gates (18)
Departure Gates Waiting Area
- The departure gate(s) in this area is/are gate(s) 18.
- There is seating available at the departure gate(s).
- There is a mixture of seating with and without armrests.
- There is designated seating available for people with reduced mobility.
- The type of flooring in the departure gate(s) is vinyl.
- There is flooring which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
- The lighting levels are good.
Departure Gate Details
- There is clear signage to the departure gate(s).
- A documentation check desk is available at gate(s) 18.
- The height of the documentation check desk(s) is high (95cm+).
- There is a single, permanently held open door with an opening width of 75cm+ for access to the airbridge/tarmac.
- There is step free access to departure gate(s) 18.
- There is step free access to the aircraft via the tarmac from departure gate(s) 18.
- There is not an Ambulift available.
- The accessibility of the individual aircraft varies depending on the provider. Please contact your airline company prior to booking for more information.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located in the Departures Lounge.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located in the Departures Lounge.
Departure Gates to the Aircraft
- There is step-free access from the departure gates to the aircraft.
- A member of the special assistance team can provide assistance for passengers with restricted mobility to the aircraft.
- Where aircrafts are parked at a distance from the departure gate, transfer may be made by minibus with a steep ramp access at the rear. The width of the ramp is 80cm.
- Entry to the aircraft is either by mobile steps or Ambulift.
- The clear door width of the lift entrance is 100cm.
- The dimensions of the lift are 203cm x 100cm (6ft 8in x 3ft 3in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is seating available in the Ambulift.
- The seats do not have armrests.
- There is a designated space available for wheelchair users.
- There are 4 wheelchair spaces.
- There are 3 Ambulifts that may be used.
- The information above describes the smallest Ambulift (shown in photographs 1-4).
- The largest has a 230cm wide x 120 deep lift, with 120cm wide entry gate. There are 3 drop down seats without armrests and space for up to 9 wheelchairs (photographs 5-8 show the largest Ambulift).