Show Easy Read
Location of Room(s)
- GOR B03 is/are located on the basement floor of the School of Arts.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for School of Arts please click here (new tab).
- A portable hearing loop can be requested from the AV Office in the Birkbeck Malet Street Building.
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is not sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is an easy ramp/slope for access to the room(s).
- The width of the ramp/slope is 138cm.
- The ramp/slope has a handrail on the left leading in.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is/are 8 medium (11cm-17cm) step(s) for access to the room(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have handrails on both sides.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 68cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are not even.
- There are two main entrances into the room: one ramped, one stepped. The ramp also leads to the reading room.
- The room also has two doors leading in from B04 meaning that step free access to the front of B04 can be attained by going through B03.