- Related link Soho House Visitor Centre and Gardens.
- Access to Soho House is via the visitor centre.
Opening Times (Easter - October)
- Monday Closed.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday 11:00 - 15:00.
- Thursday 11:00 - 15:00.
- Friday 11:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday 11:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday 11:00 - 15:00.
- The house is closed from November until Easter and also on Mondays, except for bank holidays.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Birmingham.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Jewellery Quarter.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park is to the side and the rear of the visitor centre.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 680cm x 360cm (22ft 4in x 11ft 10in).
- The nearest designated bay is 14m (15yd) from the visitor centre entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 20m (22yd) from the visitor centre entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is portable.
- Please contact a member of staff.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- There is a moderately sloped threshold in the doorway to the housekeepers room.
- The flooring in some areas of the house is uneven, particularly in the wine cellar on the basement floor.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- The availability of tactile signage does not depend on exhibition.
- Touch tours are available.
- The availability of touch tours depends on exhibition.
- Video tours are not available.
- Concessions are available.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are B-G.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are low.
- The handrail between the ground and first floors is on the right hand side going up.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located in the main corridor.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B-G-1.
- The lift is 18m (20yd) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 84cm x 120cm (2ft 9in x 3ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- An accessible toilet is available within the neighbouring visitor centre.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located on the first floor.
- The female toilets are 5m (5yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on the basement floor.
- The male toilets are 5m (5yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.