Show Easy Read
- Related link Tesco.
- Spring Hill library is attached to Tesco supermarket.
- Customers can park in the supermarket car park.
- Please see the separate Detailed Access Guide for further information.
- There is a parent and toddler group (Little Springers) which takes place on the first floor of the library on Friday between 10.00 and 12.00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Birmingham.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Jewellery Quarter.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Tesco car park.
- The car park is located behind Tesco.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 150cm (4ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The reception desk is 2m (6ft 7in) from the main entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting level is medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter the library.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 4m (13ft 1in) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 106cm x 140cm (3ft 6in x 4ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lift controls do have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books on tape or disc.
- There is an ordering service.
- It takes approximately 2-28 days to process an order.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large text keyboard and large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- Equipment available for people with a visual impairment includes Supernova software and a magnifying glass.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- Home visits / services are not available.