COVID-19 Information (Bolton College)
- Related link Deane Road Main Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Deane Road campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Bolton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located to the rear of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 500cm x 600cm (16ft 5in x 19ft 8in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 40m (43yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a revolving door to the right of the accessible entrance.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located on both sides leading to the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up the ramp.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located leading to the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- The stairs are located to the right on entering the main reception.
- The stairs are approximately 8m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the left of the building.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- Wall mounted information boards are provided at lift landings.
- The weight limit for the lift is 1000kg.
- The lift is approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 128cm x 160cm (4ft 2in x 5ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing enhancement system.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- A swipe is required to access the lift.
- An additional lift is located on the right side of the building.
Outside Access (Coffee Bar Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 84cm (2ft 9in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the coffee bar entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold snacks.
- The nearest adapted toilets are located on the first floor corridor of Dean Road Main Building.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the first floor corridor of Dean Road Main Building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.