- The venue is situated within the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Warfield.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bracknell.
- The information in this section was taken in February 2021.
- All customers entering any library building are required to wear a mask. This is a government requirement. We'll ask people who don’t comply to come back another time with a mask. The only exceptions are listed on GOV.UK. Our safety measures include: quarantining all returned stock for 72 hours before it is made available again to the public controlling the number of people who can enter each library asking every customer to sanitise their hands before entering once inside the library, members of the public will be able to remain for a maximum stay of 30 minutes asking customers to follow the signage to queue outside the library and how to move around the building computers will be cleaned by library staff after each use You will be asked to record your presence in the library using the NHS Test and Trace app.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Monday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:30 - 18:00.
- Thursday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:30 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:30 - 16:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 146cm (4ft 9in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- The reception desk is 3m (9ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk has a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are not available for computer users.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 16m (17yd) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the library.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 128cm x 170cm (4ft 2in x 5ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is not clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is tied up and out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 116cm (3ft 10in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.