Show Easy Read
- This guide gives parking information for the premier car park and route information from the car park to the Terminal Building.
- There is also an alternative route to the nearest bus stop that may be more suitable for some users.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located off the the Terminal Building access road.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 625cm (11ft 12in x 20ft 6in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The Blue Badge bays detailed are the 5 bays located in front of the car rental building.
- A further 5 Blue Badge bays are located at the rear of the premier car park.
- The Blue Badge bays are located in Row 10.
- The dimensions of the bays are 468cm x 470cm.
- Tickets are given at the entry gate.
- There is a help button located on the ticket machine.
- The nearest parking bay is approximately 210 metres from the Arrivals entrance and the furthest is 225 metres.
- There is a lowered paystation located outside the Arrivals entrance.
- There is also a help point located to the right of the car rental building on the walkway.
Blue Badge Bays To Access Road Crossing
- There are dropped kerbs between the Blue Badge bays and the walkway but these can be obscured by parked cars.
- Turn left on the walkway and continue straight ahead.
- Turn to the right to use the lowered help point.
- The surface of the walkway is block paving at first before becoming tarmac with areas of block paving after the car rental building.
- It is uneven in places.
- The walkway is on a steep slope.
- At the end of the walkway turn right and follow the ramp up to the access road crossing.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs with tactile paving on both sides.
- A paystation is located to the right.
- There is a lowered paystation and a wheelchair available.
- Continue straight ahead.
- The surface of the walkway is made up of flagstones that are uneven in places.
- The walkway is on a steep slope leading upwards.
- There are two designated pedestrian crossings on the walkway.
- The crossing have dropped kerbs with tactile paving on each side.
- After the second crossing turn right and up the steep ramp leading to the access road crossing.
- The surface turns from flag stones to tarmac at the beginning of the ramp.
- The surface levels off at the top of the ramp before the crossing.
Access Road Crossing to Terminal Building
- The access road crossing has dropped kerbs on each side with tactile paving.
- After the crossing, turn left and up the first of two steep ramps.
- The surface is now block paving.
- At the top of the first ramp turn left and go straight up the second ramp.
- Turn left towards the crossing and over the bus pick up and drop off area.
- The suface levels out at the top of the ramp.
- The pedestrian crossing has dropped kerbs on either side with tactile paving.
- The surface becomes flagstones leading to the Departures entrance.
Alternative Route - Blue Badge Parking to Bus Stop F
- Turn right down the walkway from the Blue Badge bays located in front of the car rental building.
- The surface of the walkway is block paving and is uneven in places.
- The walkway is on a moderate slope leading down.
- There are two marked pedestrian crossings with dropped kerbs and tactile paving on both sides.
- At the end of the walkway turn left.
- The surface now becomes tarmac.
- After approximately 10m turn right.
- The walkway now leads down a dropped kerb to a unmarked pedestrian crossing located on the bus route access road.
- Bus Stop F is on the opposite side of the road.
- There is a moderate slope leading into the bus stop.
- The bus stops are located within the long stay car park. There are regular busses to the terminal drop off point.
- Bus stop F is the closest to the to the premier car park blue badge bays.
- It is approximately 70 metres from the blue badge bays located outside of the car rental building and 30m from the blue badge bays located in row 10.
- The bus stop is accessed by a moderate slope.
- Seating is available.