- The Changing Places facility is located in the Terminal Building, in the arrivals area.
- This facility is available 24 hours a day and has a 4 figure code lock.
- The code is available from the Special Assistance Desk or by phoning the number displayed next to the door or by asking any security personnel.
Location and access
- The facility is located in the Terminal Building at the Arrivals end, close to the Special Assistance Desk.
- The facility is approximately 20m (21yd 2ft) from the Arrivals entrance/exit.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- The dimensions of the facility are 410cm x 310cm (13ft 5in x 10ft 2in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is wall mounted.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 185cm (6ft 1in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers all areas in cubicle.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 300cm (9ft 10in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Dropdown rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the dropdown rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is adjustable.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available at the wash basin.
- Disposal facilities are available.
- A privacy screen is available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
- This facility is available 24 hours a day and has a 4 figure code lock. The code is available from the Special Assistance Desk or by phoning the number displayed next to the door or by asking any security personnel.
- The toilet is a Close-o-Mat toilet and there are clear instructions for those unfamiliar with the equipment. There are also clear instructions for the bed, wash basin and hoist.
- The cubicle has a first aid cupboard within it which has sharps disposal and gloves available for use.
Related Access Guides
- To view other AccessAble Access Guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Terminal Building - Check In link (new tab) - click here.
- Terminal Building - Arrivals Hall link (new tab) - click here.