- Related link Baggage Belts 1-6.
Outside Access (CTA Arrivals Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the passenger bus drop off point.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 164cm (5ft 5in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet.
- There is a similar entrance for CTA Arrivals, located on the left hand side when facing the main entrance which is not regularly used.
- Both entrances lead into the same foyer where the lift and stairs are located.
- The lift and stairs in the foyer lead down into Baggage Belts 1-6.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- These stairs lead down into Baggage Belts 1-6.
- The lift overcomes the stairs.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter, within the main foyer at CTA Arrivals.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 21m (22yd 2ft) from the main ent.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 119cm x 164cm (3ft 11in x 5ft 5in).
- The clear door width is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- This lift leads down into Baggage Belts 1-6.
- The nearest accessible toilet is approximately 55m to the right when exiting the lift, located at the end of Immigration, just before the Baggage Belt 1-6 entrance.
- The nearest standard toilets are approximately 55m to the right when exiting the lift, located at the end of Immigration, just before the Baggage Belt 1-6 entrance.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.