- Related link Departure Lounge and Mezzanine Level.
Outside Access (Special Assistance Desk (OCS) Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the right hand side of the Departure Lounge, when entering through World Duty Free.
- There is level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The door opening is 108cm (3ft 7in) wide.
- The desk/counter is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is high (110cm+).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is carpet and tiles.
- There is a waiting area 9m to the right when facing the Special Assistance Point.
- There is a single, heavy, 77cm wide gate to access the waiting area.
- The gate pushes away from you.
- The waiting area has priority seating available.
Route From Special Assistance Point to Gates 9, 25 and 26
- Staff working at the Special Assistance Point (OCS) have routes in which they take passengers to their correct gates.
- Stand 1 - Gate 9, Stand 2 - Gate 25 and Stand 3 – Gate 26, there are particular routes.
- Passengers would be assisted at all times when taking these routes.
- OCS would usually take the patron through Gate 6.
- Gate 6 is located to the right of the Special Assistance Point when facing it.
- Outside Gate 6 there is a zebra crossing directly in front.
- Cross over the zebra crossing.
- The road is generally quiet.
- Turn right for Stand 1 - Gate 9.
- Go straight ahead for Stand 2 - Gate 25 and Stand 3 - Gate 26.
- Along the route the slopes vary from easy to moderate.
- Stand 3 - Gate 26 has a moderate slope with handrails on both sides, in front of the entrance.
- All of the entrances have automatic doors.
OCS Mini Bus
- Stands that are located further than 1, 2 and 3 are accessed via mini bus.
- OCS have a mini bus solely for the use of passengers using the Special Assistance Point.
- There is ramped access at the rear of the mini bus.
- The ramp is 87cm wide with no handrails.
- There is stepped access at the side of the mini bus.
- The step is deep with handrails on both sides.
- The mini bus can hold a total of 2 wheelchair users and 10 seated passengers (2 in the front and 8 in the back).
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the right hand side of the Departure Lounge when facing the Special Assistance Point.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.