- Services / facilities within the grounds include the nature reserve, a play area for under 12s, ponds, accessible and standard toilets and Cabot Tower.
- Brandon Hill has wonderful panoramic views over Bristol and is one of the oldest municipal parks in the country.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Clifton Down.
- Bus stops are located on Jacob's Wells Road.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- Autumn/Winter: Monday to Sunday: 08:15-16:30
- Spring/Summer Hours: Monday to Sunday: 08:15-18:30
- Closed: Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is West End.
- The car park is located in Berkeley Place.
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (General Access)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The width of the door opening is 122cm (4ft).
- There are eleven entrances into the park, most having steps. All access paths are steep slopes.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have tarmac surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are steep slopes on the paths.
- There are some bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Access to the park is unrestricted 24 hours per day.
- There are many footpaths across the park.
- Most are wide, firm tarmac paths.
- Wheelchair users will need assistance on most of the paths.
- The paths do not have lighting.
- There are benches in the park.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located near the top ponds, close to Cabot Tower.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 106cm (3ft 6in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 210cm x 270cm (6ft 11in x 8ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 51cm (1ft 8in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The facility is approximately 750m from Great George Street.
- The facility is open daily from 08:00 until half an hour before dusk.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- Lighting levels are medium.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located near the top ponds, close to Cabot Tower.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in both female and male toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- The facilities are approximately 750m from Great George Street.
- The female toilet is to the left of the block and the male toilet to the right.
- The facilities are open daily from 08:00 until half an hour before dusk.