- Services / facilities within the building include support, advice, prayer, help, teaching and general well being services.
- At the Bristol Methodist Centre, everyone is welcome. We endeavour to treat each guest equally and with respect.
- Support staff are available during opening hours, allowing time to listen and get to know individuals and their needs. Our support staff work with our guests to propose and implement individual support packages which can either be long or short term depending on the needs of the individual.
- Our Christian belief underpins everything we do. Matthew 25:31-45. Not all staff, volunteers or guests share our Christian faith but they respect our values. People of all or no faith are welcome at the centre. Prayer is alway available and there is a weekly worship service.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Lawrence Hill.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is some limited unmarked on street parking in Lincoln Street.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are light.
- The width of the door opening is 140cm (4ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is/are 6 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the left going up.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is a main hall which is used for general and group meetings. The doors to access the hall are double, heavy and 140cm wide.
- There are three other rooms that can be used in a variety of ways. The doors to these rooms are single, light and 85cm wide.
- There is seating with armrests available throughout the venue.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 88cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 200cm (5ft 3in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 62cm (2ft).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 118cm (3ft 10in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located to the left as you enter.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located to the rear of the building.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.