- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Parson Street.
- Opening times do vary depending on timetabling.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 266cm (8ft 9in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 118cm (3ft 10in).
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- There is level access to the service.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located off the main corridor.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 84cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 156cm x 160cm (5ft 1in x 5ft 3in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.