Opening Times (April - September)
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (October - March)
- Monday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 08:00 - 16:00.
- For seasonal opening please refer to the website.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Waterbeach.
Vehicle Entrance and Exit
- The vehicle entrance is located just off Heath Road.
- The vehicle exit is located just off Heath Road.
- During opening hours there is no height restriction barrier at the entrance or exit.
- During busier periods there may be a queue of vehicles into the recycling centre.
- There are unloading bays located either side of the access road and plenty of areas to park.
- There is step free access throughout the site.
- There is a pedestrian walkway either side of the road as you pass the recycle bins.
- There are between 1 and 10 deep steps, with handrails on both sides to access some of the skips.
- A member of staff can provide assistance with unloading.
- The office is located towards the centre of the recycling centre.
- The door to access the office is single width.
- The doors opens away from you (push).
- The door is heavy.
- The width of the opening is 91cm.
- There is a moderate ramp in front of the entrance to access the office.
- The ramp has handrails on both sides and has a width of 105cm.
- The office is where visitors sign in and to use the toilet.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the office entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter the office.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 220cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are waste paper pedal bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Please refer to accessible toilet information as this is a shared toilet for all.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located outside the front of the office.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are available.