- Services / facilities within the grounds include a children's playground, station platforms and miniature railway.
- Related link Nene Valley Railway - Gift Shop and Ticket Counter.
- Related link Nene Valley Railway - Cafe.
- The information in this section was taken in April 2021.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are not clearly marked/signed.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- For more information on the 'We're Good to Go' Industry Standard please click here.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Peterborough.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located to the rear of platform 2.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 3 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 30m (32yd 2ft) from the platform entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 38m (41yd 1ft) from the platform entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is loose chippings.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The Blue Badge parking bays are not marked on the ground but have a sign on the barrier.
- Staff members are available for assistance if required.
Outside Access (Platform Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of Platform 2, next to the ticket office.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
Platform 2 and 3
- Platform 2 is the main platform used but there is an additional platform called Platform 3 which can be accessed via a footbridge or for wheelchair users via the end of the Platform 3 and across the level crossing to Platform 2.
- There is seating on both platforms with a mixture of bench and picnic tables.
- Assistance can be provided to get on and off the trains and wheelchair users are able to use the buffet car carriage which has a portable ramp.
- Please contact the venue in advance of your visit with your specific needs.
- The playground is located near the car park area and close to the main building and platforms.
- The playground is accessed via single width gate
- The gate opens away from you (push).
- The gate is heavy.
- The width of the opening is 88cm.
- There are several pieces of play equipment throughout the play area and many are railway themed.
- The surface of the playground is woodchip and has several uneven areas.
Viewing Area of the Railway Fleet and Miniature Railway Displays
- There is a pathway leading from Platform 2 and the rear entrance to the main building to an area where you can view some of the railway fleet and miniature railway setups.
Level Change (Platform 3 Wheelchair Access)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located at the end of platform 3, leading from the road.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- On the approach to Platform 3 there is a single width gate that you have to enter.
- The gate opens away from you (push).
- The gate is heavy.
- The width of the opening is 120cm.
- The gate is usually locked but a member of staff will assist with opening.
Level Change (Footbridge)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located at the end of both platforms.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are deep (18cm+).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The accessible toilet is located in the ticket counter foyer. For more information please refer to the Nene Valley Railway - Gift Shop and Ticket Counter access guide.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The shared toilets that were surveyed are located in a toilet block next to the visitor car park.
- The shared toilet(s) is/are approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the platform.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the shared toilet(s).
- There is a single medium step to access the cubicles.
- There are further standard toilets are located on the basement level of the main building. For more information please refer to the Nene Valley Railway - Gift Shop and Ticket Counter access guide.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located outside the front of the station.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.