Show Easy Read
- This service is open 24 hours.
Park & Ride Office Opening Hours
- The opening hours for the office are 07.00-18.30 seven days a week.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Cambridge North.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- PARKING IS FREE FOR UP TO 18 HOURS.
- The car park is located at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 490cm (11ft 10in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 48m (52yd 1ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac and block paving.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 210cm (6ft 11in).
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are electric charging bays and parent and child bays available within the the car park.
- The payment machines are located outside the office.
Vehicle Entrance and Vehicle Exit
- The vehicle entrance and exit is located off Newmarket Road.
- There is a height restriction of 210cm at the entrance and exit.
Outside Access (Park & Ride Office / Waiting Area Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm (5ft 7in).
- There is a manual set of double doors next to automatic doors. The doors open towards you, are heavy and 170cm wide.
Reception (Park & Ride Office / Waiting Area)
- The desk/counter is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The reception is within the attendants room.
Inside Access (Park & Ride Office / Waiting Area)
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Benched seating without armrests are available.
Park & Ride Grounds
- Tickets are available from machines near the bus stops at the car park or online before you travel.
- Please enter your car registration number using the touch screens and follow the simple steps.
- These machines are at a level suitable for wheelchair users.
- Parking starts from £1.00 for up to 18 hours to annual season tickets at £230.00.
- Bus tickets cost £3.00 (return) to the city centre and there are weekly, monthly and annual tickets available.
- Buses operate at the following times to the city centre:-
- Monday to Saturday - up to every 10 minutes between 07:00 and 19:00.
- Sundays and Bank Holidays - up to every 15 minutes between 09.30 and 18:00.
- Coach Services from Newmarket Road:- National Express 350 to Southend or Liverpool.
- National Express 370 to Clacton or Runcorn.
- Stagecoach X5 to Oxford.
- Other buses from Newmarket Road:- U to Cambridge University & Addenbrooke's Hospital.
- The station is staffed.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is not staffed between 18.30-07.00.
- There is not an office to obtain help (other than the ticket office).
- There is a ticket office / travel centre.
- The ticket office / travel centre is located at the centre of the park & ride, opposite the bus stop.
- The ticket office / travel centre is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- There are 1 stands / bays.
- The stands which have level access are 1.
- Announcements are visual.
- The bus companies operating within this station are Stagecoach Cambridge, Whippet Coaches and National Express.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There is not a wheelchair for patrons to borrow.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 93cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 230cm x 240cm (7ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and clinical waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are poor.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located within the accessible toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 86cm (2ft 10in).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located at the rear of the office / waiting area.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 17m (18yd 1ft) from the park & ride office / waiting area entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located anywhere within the grounds of the park and ride.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.