- The information in this section was taken in April 2021.
- There is not a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is not clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Toilets are available.
- Services / facilities within the building include the Town Council Chambers and Mayors Office.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is March.
- Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Blue Badge Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
On Street Standard Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located in North Brink, opposite the venue.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the buidling.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is an intercom.
- The height of the intercom is 156cm (5ft 1in).
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 115cm.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 3 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 15cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up.
- Handrails are at the recommended height (90cm-100cm).
- Handrails do not cover the flight of stairs throughout its length.
- Handrails are easy to grip.
- Handrails do not extend horizontally beyond the first and last steps.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The door to the chamber is heavy, 105cm wide and opens away from you.
- There are some chairs available with armrests.
- There are tables available with a height of 53cm.
- There is a platform for the mayor's chair in the centre of the room with a 20cm deep step to access it.
- The door to the Mayors Parlour is heavy, 105cm wide and opens away from you.
- There is a chair with armrests and a table at a height of 65cm available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter.
- The lift is a chair stair lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1.
- The lift is approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is moderate to good.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right as you enter.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels in the female toilets are moderate to good.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the landing of the stairs.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 16m (17yd 1ft) from the Main Entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet(s).
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels in the male toilets are moderate to good.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.