Show Easy Read
Opening Times (Dec-Jan)
- Monday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Tuesday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Wednesday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Thursday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Friday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Sunday 10:00 - 16:00..
Opening Times (Feb-Nov)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00..
- Sunday 10:00 - 17:00..
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Chester.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Chester.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 240cm x 460cm (7ft 10in x 15ft 1in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located in Commonhall Street.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located directly in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the right of entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the steps.
- The reception desk is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are low.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the venue.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are low.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- The availability of tactile signage does not depend on exhibition.
- Touch tours are not available.
- Video tours are available.
- Concessions are not available.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located at the rear of the venue.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 43m (47yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Level Change (Standard Toilets)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the standard toilets.
- There is/are 2 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are bright.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up the step(s).
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.