Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Mcdonald's, Shoe Zone and To You parcel collect and returns point.
- There is an ASDA petrol station further along Rooley Lane.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Bradford Interchange.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue closes on Saturday at 22.00.
- The venue is open on Sunday from 10.00 to 16.00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 500cm x 480cm (16ft 5in x 15ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 19m (20yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 27m (29yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a designated pick up point to the right of the store.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 185cm (6ft 1in).
Reception (Customer Services)
- The desk/counter is 14m (15yd 11in) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- This desk is also the 'To You' click and collect point.
- The highest function on the touch screen is 140cm.
- The label and receipt slot is 122cm high.
- The pull drawer on the returns recepticle 116cm high.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Checkout 15 is a wide aisle accessible checkout.
- This checkout is 79cm high.
- The standard checkouts are 95cm high.
- The highest function on the small self serve checkouts is 144cm.
- The lowest function on this checkout is 63cm.
- There are also large self serve checkouts.
- These checkouts are 91cm high.
Eating and Drinking (Mcdonald's)
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- The restaurant is located to the right as you enter the venue.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- All tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- The standard height for tables is 70cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is fast food.
- The highest function on the drinks bar is 148cm.
- The highest function on the buffet table is 113cm.
- Mcdonald's have a member of staff patrolling the floor available to assist customers if required with the drinks bar and buffet table.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 17m (18yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located adjacent to customer services.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key can be obtained from Customer services.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary and general domestic waste disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located adjacent to customer services.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 19m (20yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The door to this room opens away from you (push).
- The door is single and heavy.
- This door is 87cm wide.
- The baby change table is 88cm high.
- There is an additional wall mounted baby change which was out of order on the day of the survey.
- There is a feeding chair with armrests within the room.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the car park area.
- Wheelchairs and electric scooters are available to borrow.