- Services / facilities within the building include Shipley Library, Leaving Care, meeting rooms for hire and an exhibition area.
- Related link Shipley Library.
- The customer service point deals with housing benefits and council tax but will also deal with any council enquiry.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Shipley.
- Monday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 16:30.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday Closed.
- Friday 09:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Asda.
- The car park is located in Manor Lane.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 230cm x 580cm (7ft 7in x 19ft).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located on Wellcroft.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Wellcroft and Alexandra Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The standard parking bays are marked widthways only.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 129cm (4ft 3in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
Outside Access (Customer Service Point Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located behind the Shipley Library reception desk.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 79cm (2ft 7in).
- The customer service point office is 13m from Shipley Library main entrance.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The desk in the office is 72cm high.
- There are chairs without armrests available in the office.
Location and access
- The facility is located to the right of the main entrance.
- The facility is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do need a key for the facility.
- It is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- The dimensions of the facility are 286cm x 355cm (9ft 5in x 11ft 8in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is free standing.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 200cm (6ft 7in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers all areas in cubicle.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Drop down rails are provided for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is fixed.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available at the wash basin.
- As you face the wash basin, the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
- A privacy screen is not available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is not available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
- At the time of survey the accessible toilets were not in use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.