- Services / facilities within the grounds include Tarquin's Tea Rooms.
- Related link Tarquin's Tea Rooms.
- This venue is open 24/7.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Bingley.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Bingley.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Bingley Arts Centre Car Park.
- The car park is located on Myrtle Place.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Myrtle Place.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Unrestricted casual parking is available on Thrift Way outside the main entrance to the park, shown in image 2.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the main entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There are not steps to access this area / service.
- The slope immediately outside the venue is moderate, but the road from which this slope leads (Myrtle Grove) is steep, as shown in image 2.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The park has a number of paths with varying gradients.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 3m (3yd 10in) from the toilet block main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located immediately as you enter the toilet block.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from toilet reception.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 200cm x 240cm (6ft 7in x 7ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 64cm (2ft 1in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 134cm (4ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the toilet roll holder is 114cm (3ft 9in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is poor.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The accessible and standard toilets are housed in a separate out building 50m from the market square.
- There are two accessible toilets at this facility.
- The one surveyed is on the left as you enter.
- There is a 20p charge for the standard toilets.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located at the rear of the toilet block.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the toilet block entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located to the right as you enter the toilet block.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
Level Change (Toilet Block)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading to the toilet block.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located on the way to the toilet block.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The toilet block at the rear of the venue is accessed via numerous medium steps and slopes.
- The set of stairs immediately behind the market has handrails on both sides.
- The toilets within the park itself are currently closed.
- The toilets featured in this guide are located nearby on Myrtle Place.