Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in York.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is York.
- The venue has seasonal opening times.
- All of October :- 10:00 - 17:00
- Winter Times:- 10:00 - 16:00
- Summer Times:- 10:00 - 18:00.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Castle Car Park.
- The car park is located off Tower Street.
Blue Badge On Street Parking
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
Standard On Street Parking
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 55cm (1ft 10in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 15+ step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are in the centre.
Reception (Ticket Office)
- The reception desk is 2m (6ft 7in) from the main entrance.
- The desk is 2m (6ft 7in) from the main entrance .
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access around the ground floor of the tower. Some of the stone surfaces are uneven.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The lighting levels are low.
- The staircase gives access to the top level of the tower.
- The staircase is spiral.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are not located within the venue.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- There is a gift shop available on the ground floor of the tower.
- There are museum exhibits with information in braille.