- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in York.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is York.
Outside Access (Cherry Street - Main Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Cherry Street - Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The easy ramp overcomes the step.
- The reception desk is 8m (26ft 3in) from the front entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use system.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- The accessible toilet is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the accessible entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the rear of reception.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 300cm (4ft 11in x 9ft 10in).
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- The tap type is lever.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Wall mounted and drop down rails are not available.
- There are baby changing facilities in the accessible toilet.
- The information for the standard female toilet refers to a single unisex toilet.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located off the waiting area.
- Unisex toilets are 10m (10yd 2ft) from the accessible entrance.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.