- The route from York Train Station to York Castle Museum is approximately 1.5miles/2414meters.
- The route takes in Station Road, Queen Street, Nunnery Lane, Bishopgate Street, Bishopgate and Tower Street.
- There is seating along Station Road, Nunnery Lane, Bishopgate Street and Tower Street.
- After exiting York Station turn right into Station Road.
- Cross over the road at the station car park entrance and continue across the station car park bridge, which has a steep incline on both sides towards Queen Street.
- The surface along Station Road is paving slabs.
- The station car park entrance has dropped kerbs and tactile markings.
- Cross over the road from Station Road to Queen Street.
- The surface of the crossing is cobblestone.
- There are dropped kerbs at the crossing.
- Continue along Queen Street to the junction for Queen Street, Blossom Street and Nunnery Lane.
- Cross over the junction at the pelican crossing to Nunnery Lane.
- The junction has dropped kerbs and tactile markings.
- Continue along Nunnery Lane to the junction for Bishopgate Street, Bishopthorpe Road and Darnbrough Street.
- The surface of the pathway on Nunnery Lane is paving slabs and tarmac.
- Along Nunnery Lane there are dropped kerbs and tactile markings at the junction for Dale Street, Swan Street, St Benedict Road, Princes Lane, Victoria Street, Drake Street, Spencer Street and Clement Street.
- At the end of Nunnery Lane cross over the pelican crossing to Bishopgate Street.
- The pelican crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile markings.
- Carry along Bishopgate Street to Bishopgate.
- The start of Bishopgate Street slopes upwards.
- The surface of the pathway for Bishopgate Street is tarmac.
- At the end of Bishopgate Street cross the road onto Bishopgate.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs and tactile markings.
- Continue along Bishopgate towards Tower Street.
- The surface of the pathway on Bishopgate is tarmac.
- Bishopgate leads over a bridge towards Tower Street.
- At the end of Bishopgate veer left onto Tower Street.
Tower Street - York Castle Museum Entrance
- Continue along Tower Street.
- Cross the road at the pelican crossing in front of Clifford Tower.
- Once across the road turn right and continue along the side of Clifford Tower to the museum.
- The surface of the pathway on Tower Street is paving slabs.
- After passing Clifford Tower turn right to the entrance for York Castle Museum.