- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town or city.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Ifield.
- There are external queuing points.
- The external queuing points are not clearly marked/signed.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are wall mounted.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 210.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the Mill courtyard.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is steep.
- The ramp/slope is portable.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- Please contact a member of staff for use of the portable ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in the doorway.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- There is not level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- Video tours are available.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are further exhibitions.
- There is a chair lift to access floors G to 1 (as shown in photograph 1).
- There is a chair lift to access floors 1 to 2 (as shown in photograph 2).
- There is a chair lift to access floors 2 to 3 (as shown in photograph 3).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 175cm x 270cm (5ft 9in x 8ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not an emergency alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- The Watermill is open National Mills Day which is the 10th May and the last Sunday in every month from May to September 14.30 - 17.00.