- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Ifield.
- For information about the opening hours please click here.
- The Watermill is open National Mills Day which is the 10th May and the last Sunday in every month from May to September 14.30 - 17.00.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the end of the private road to the mill, off Hyde Drive.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 210cm (6ft 11in).
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The distance between the car park and the Water Mill is approximately 90m.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the Mill courtyard.
- There is ramped/sloped or stepped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the door.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is portable.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- Please contact the Mill staff for use of the portable ramp.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The step(s) is/are located immediately inside the door.
- There is/are 1 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are between 15cm and 18cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not welcomed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Exhibits cannot be audio described.
- Tactile signage for exhibits is not available.
- Braille signage for exhibits is not available.
- Video tours are not available.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Concessions are not available.
- There is not a wheelchair to borrow.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1, 2 and 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are further exhibitions.
- There is a chair lift for each flight of stairs.
- At the top of the steps to the second floor, there are two additional steps at right angles to the head of the stairs, with no chair lift or handrail (as shown in photograph 7).
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located to the left of the main entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 175cm x 270cm (5ft 9in x 8ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is push.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are general domestic waste and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf has the minimum dimensions of 12.5cm x 40cm.
- The shelf is at a height of 60cm.
- The shelf is located where it is reachable.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are not available in large print.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- The assistance dog toilet area is located in the grass around the car park.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.