- The following information describes the route from Sainsbury’s Car Park to Selhurst Park.
- The approximate distance of this route is 80m.
- The route takes approximately 1-2 minutes.
- The route leads from the Blue Badge parking bays, over the car park access roads and onto the stadium concourse area, via the Sainsbury’s walkway.
- The paths along the route consist of flagstone paving and tarmac with some slight/steep gradients and uneven sections in places.
- The potential hazards on this route include; access road crossings, uneven surfaces, low level bollards and congested pathways.
Parking (Matchday Parking - Sainsbury's Car Park)
- The car park is located adjacent to the stadium.
- The car park is accessed via Whitehorse Lane.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There are some slight gradients within the car park.
- There is a short steep slope leading up to the first pedestrian crossing. There is also a slight slope along the walkway leading to the second crossing.
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are clearly marked.
- There is/are 16 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 460cm x 480cm (15ft 1in x 15ft 9in).
- There is not a 120cm hatched zone around the Blue Badge parking bay(s).
- The designated Blue Badge parking bays are approximately between 40m and 60m from the outer concourse/walkway.
- The Blue Badge parking bays operate on a first come first served basis. Free parking is extended to 4.5 hours on matchdays. The supermarket building closes during the match.
- Clearly marked/signposted parent and child parking bays are available.
- Standard parking bays are clearly marked.
- The route from the car park is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- There are two pedestrian crossings between the car park and the supermarket/stadium.
- The stadium is clearly visible from the car park.
- The following information relates to the parking available on a matchday.
- There are 16 parking bays in total which are allocated to Blue Badge holders, of which 16 is/are clearly marked.
- Parking is free for all supporters on match day.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders on a match day.
- There is a steward available for assistance on match days.
- Related Route Plan(s) View
Sainsbury's Car Park to Sainsbury's Entrance
- From the Blue Badge parking bays proceed towards the supermarket until you reach the first of two access roads.
- There is a short steep slope between the Blue Badge parking bays and the nearside of the first crossing.
- The crossing is flush with the walkways on either side.
- There is tactile paving on the far side only.
- At the crossing traffic is coming from your right.
- At the far side of the crossing follow the walkway for approximately 25m.
- The walkway bends round to the left and then slopes slightly downhill towards the second crossing.
- The path has a flagstone paving surface.
- The second crossing is flush with the walkways on either side.
- There is tactile paving on both sides.
- At the crossing traffic is coming from your left.
- Cross the second access road and you will reach the Sainsbury’s entrance.
Sainsbury's Entrance to the Outer Concourse
- As you face the Sainsbury's entrance turn right and follow the walkway as it slopes downwards towards the Selhurst Park gates.
- This section of the walkway has a steep slope.
- The path has a flagstone paving surface and is slightly uneven in places.
- After approximately 25m there are 4 low level bollards.
- The surface of the walkway after the bollards is tarmac.
- Follow the walkway over the hatched markings until you reach the gates at the entrance to the concourse.
- The main gate has a cobbled strip in front of it.
- The gates are attended by club staff.
- Pass through the gate and you will reach the concourse area.