- Services / facilities within the building include a room for hire and a charity shop.
- This venue is a registered charity and staffed by volunteers.
- The venue is used by various community groups and offers various courses and activities including Expect Youth (an after school club), Chair Based Exercise, Exploring Minds Social Group, a dementia group and Urban Bliss Massage.
- Monday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 13:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Adwick Interchange.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 1 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 350cm x 520cm (11ft 6in x 17ft 1in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 15m (16yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Photograph 4 shows the route from the dropped kerb to the front of the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- There is a bell/buzzer.
- The height of the bell/buzzer is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 109cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the ramp.
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The desk/counter is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The computer suite children's library and the Campsall Room are located on the first floor.
- The charity shop is located at the rear of the venue, (photographs 7 and 8).
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does not have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A height adjustable chair is / are available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G and 1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 143cm (3ft 7in x 4ft 8in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial and written text signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located at the rear of the venue.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 165cm (4ft 9in x 5ft 5in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 71cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the wash basin is 87cm (2ft 10in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Home visits / services are not available.