Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include a kiosk during the summer, adventure playground, toilet and changing places facilities.
- Services / facilities within the grounds include Camperdown Country Park.
- Related link Camperdown Wildlife Centre.
- Related link Camperdown Wildlife Visitor Centre.
- Related link Camperdown Country Park.
Opening Times (Summer)
- Monday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Tuesday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Wednesday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Thursday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Friday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Saturday 09:30 - 18:45..
- Sunday 09:30 - 18:45..
Opening Times (Winter)
- Monday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Tuesday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Wednesday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Thursday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Friday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Saturday 09:30 - 15:15..
- Sunday 09:30 - 15:15..
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Dundee.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Dundee.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are tarmac pathways around the play area.
- The pathways consist of easy and moderate slopes.
- Some of the adventure equipment is accessible by easy and moderate slopes.
Location and access
- The facility is located at the rear of the Crows Nest.
- There is level access to the facility.
Dimensions and features
- You do need a key for the facility.
- It is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from The wildlife Centre or the kiosk at Crows Nest.
- The dimensions of the facility are 250cm x 520cm (8ft 2in x 17ft 1in).
- The facility changing bench height is adjustable.
- The facility changing bench is wall mounted.
- The length of the facility changing bench is 190cm (6ft 3in).
- The facility hoist is powered overhead.
- The overhead hoist covers the changing bench and the toilet.
- The sling is attached to the hoist by hook and loop.
- The facility toilet is peninsular.
- The transfer space on the left as you face the toilet is 230cm (7ft 7in).
- The transfer space on the right as you face the toilet is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- Drop down rails are provided.
- As you face the toilet the drop down rail(s) is/are on both sides.
- The type of wash basin is fixed.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available at the wash basin.
- As you face the wash basin, the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- Disposal facilities are not available.
- A privacy screen is available.
- Wide tear off paper roll is available.
- The facility has a non-slip floor.
- A functioning emergency alarm is available.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located on the side of the crows nest.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on the side of the crows nest.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located between the male and female toilets.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 92cm (3ft 0in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- The photographs show the female and male toilets respectively.
Level Change (Standard Female Toilet)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the threshold.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- An assistance dog toilet area can be provided onsite.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.