Reception (Car Rental Desks)
- The reception point is located to the left after you enter the Arrivals Hall from Baggage Reclaim.
- The reception point is approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the Baggage Reclaim to Arrivals Hall entrance.
- Clear signage for the reception area/desk is visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception point.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the reception point.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the reception point are good.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is not a lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system at the reception point.
Departures Check In Hall to Car Rental Collection
- After passing the Departures - Check In Hall, follow the signage to Car Rental Collections.
- Outside the main building is the bus stop which serves all car parking areas, including the Car Rental Collection area.
- The bus stop has a shelter and all buses are wheelchair accessible with ramped access, turning space and space for chairs to be secured.
- The bus stops have help point buttons at an accessible height and all shelters are under constant CCTV surveillance.
- The journey takes approximately 7 minutes.
- The Car Rental Village is at the end of Long Stay Car Park 1 and the bus will drop customers adjacent to the huts.
- There is clear directional signage on the floor and on signposts.
- The surface of the pathways is tarmac.
- If needed, alternative arrangements can be made to bring vehicles to the main entrance.
Car Rental Collection Huts
- The Europcar Car Rental Collection Hut is located in the Car Rentals Village at the end of the Long Stay 1 Car Park. The bus service from the front of the Arrivals Hall stops at the Car Rental Village.
- There are 2 steps in front of the entrance.
- The steps are medium with handrails on both sides.
- The door is single width, 83cm wide, opens away from you and is heavy.
- The desk is located to the left after you enter.
- The desk is 118cm high with no lowered section.
- There is no hearing loop.
- If required customers can be served outside of the hut.