- Related link Waste Strategy Information.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Braintree.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Braintree.
Opening Times (Summer - 1st March - 15th October)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
- The site closes at 16:00 between 16th October and end of Feb.
- The site closes at 13:00 on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and is closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Vehicle Entrance and Exit
- The Vehicle Entrance is located just off Springwood Drive. Vehicles also exit via this entrance.
- During opening hours there is no height restriction barrier at the entrance.
- During busier periods, there may be a queue of vehicles into the Recycling Centre.
- Light commercial vehicles (under 3500kg) will be accepted if they are carrying your own household waste. Site staff may stop you at the gate to ensure the waste you are carrying has come from the household.
Recycling Centre - Unloading
- There are unloading bays located either side of the access road.
- There is step free access throughout the site.
- There is a pedestrian walkway located around the edge of the site.
- There are between 1 and 10 steps into the skips.
- A member of staff can provide assistance with unloading into the skips.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.