Show Easy Read
Level Change (Pedestrian Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- Related linkhttp://www.recycleforessex.com/our-waste-strategy/changes/.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Colchester.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Colchester Town.
Opening Times (Summer - 1st March - 15th October)
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 17:00.
- The site closes at 16.00 between 16th October and end of Feb.
- The site closes at 13.00 on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and is closed; Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The car park does have a height restriction barrier.
- The maximum height is 195cm (6ft 5in).
- The height restriction does not apply between noon and closing on Sunday.
- Blue Badge holders with an overheight vehicle will be given access, please see a member of site staff.
Outside Access (Pedestrian Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Shrub End Road.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The width of the door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Access to the waste disposal skip is via 10 medium steps with handrails on both sides.
- Reasonable assistance from a member of staff is available on request.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Children are welcome, although must either stay in their vehicle or be closely monitored by an adult.