Show Easy Read
- The venue is situated within the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Danbury.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Chelmsford.
- The Park is open daily from 8am to dusk.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the car park entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the car park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking costs £1 for 30 minutes.
Outside Access (Car Park - Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the car park.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- The park is accessed throughout by a series of easy and moderate slopes.
- Some paths have a loose chippings surface.
Accessible Toilet (Toilet Block)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 68m (74yd 1ft) from the lakes car park.
- This accessible toilet is located down the main path to the left of lakes car park. There are 2 accessible toilets, only 1 accessible toilet has electricity so is closed during winter months.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 325cm (4ft 11in x 10ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are poor.
Level Change (Standard Male and Female Toilets)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located leading up to the male and female standard toilets.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the left as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
Standard Toilet(s) (Toilet Block)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located down the main path to the left of lakes car park.
- The female and male toilets are 68m (74yd 1ft) from the lakes car park.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are low.
- There are similar standard toilets to the left of Woods Car Park.