- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Chelmsford.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located prior to park access.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 12m (13yd 4in) from the car park entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the car park entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Further parking information available athttps://www.wanttopark.com/essexcountryparks.
- The venue is open from dawn til dusk.
- This information is for the access point located at the rear of the car park.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this access point.
- There is no gate at this access point.
- The width of the gap is 120cm.
- There are bollards at this access point.
- The ramp/slope is located leading from car park into the venue.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are moderate and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right as you face the entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
Accessible Toilet (Toilet Block - Right Hand Transfer)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 70m (76yd 1ft) from the lakes car park.
- This accessible toilet is located down the main path to the left of the lakes car park.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 155cm x 325cm (5ft 1in x 10ft 8in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are non-infectious waste disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are low to moderate.
Level Change (Standard Male and Female Toilets)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located at the thresholds to the male and female standard toilets.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
Standard Toilet(s) (Toilet Block)
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located down the main path to the left of the lakes car park.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 75m (82yd 1in) from the lakes car park.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels in the female and male toilets are low to moderate.
- There are potentially muddy paths leading to the toilet block.