Show Easy Read
- For up to date opening times, please use the following linkLibrary Opening Times.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Loughton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Chingford.
- The nearest underground station is Loughton.
- Monday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Traps Hill Loughton.
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- There are 5 Blue Badge bays in the car park opposite the entrance.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge bays are 390 cm x 480 cm.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 130cm (4ft 3in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- There are no doors at this entrance.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The desk is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- The reception desk is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk has a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The hearing system is not available only on request.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- There is a self service desk 3 metres from the main entrance with a screen height of between 110 cm and 140 cm.
- The photographs show the enquiry desk and the self service desk respectively.
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Accessible software includes Zoomtext.
- Auxiliary aids are available for computer users.
- A large rollerball mouse is / are available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left as you enter.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 110cm x 100cm (3ft 7in x 3ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- There is a sensory wall in the Children's Library.