- Exeter Racecourse is located just off the A38 (Exeter to Plymouth), five miles from the end of the M5 southbound. Although clearly signposted from all directions, please note that access is via a sharp turn situated shortly after the brow of Haldon Hill. If you are using a Sat Nav, please use EX6 7XS as the postcode.
- On racedays there is disabled parking available next to the main racecourse entrance for annual Blue Badge holders. Additional parking is also available on the other side of the racecourse. There is a coach and taxi drop-off area at the racecourse.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the venue.
- There is a bus (Bus 39) which goes from Exeter Bus Station to Newton Abbot via Exeter Racecourse. The Exeter Racecourse stop is between the ‘Countess Wear Roundabout’ and ‘Chudleigh Memorial’ and is just opposite the Route 5 restaurant on the A38 duel carriage way.
- For more information on Stagecoach Buses please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest Railway Station is Exeter St.Davids
- A free bus runs to Exeter Racecourse from Exeter St. David’s and Exeter City Bus Station every raceday. Please note this service is available on a strictly first-come, first-serve basis and only one bus will run each raceday.
- For more information on Great Western Railway please click here (opens new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- For the racecourse map please click here (new tab).
- There is a member of staff available for help and assistance.
- Staff receive disability awareness/equality training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- There is an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/near by.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- There are not mobility aids available.
Main Entrance and Raceday Parking
- The Premier trackside area is located at the rear of the Haldon Stand.
- Access to the trackside area is via the Denman Room, the Best Mate Bar or via the Grandstand and Paddock trackside area.
- For information about access from the Denman Room or the Best Mate Bar please see the Haldon Stand - Premier access guide.
- Access from the Grandstand and Paddock trackside area is via an opening. The opening width is 125cm.
- There is a steward stationed at this opening on racedays.
- There is step free access throughout the Premier trackside area.
- The surface of the trackside area is tarmac.
- There is bench seating available.
- There are picnic benches available.
- There are good views of the racetrack from the trackside area
- The trackside area can be congested on racedays.
- The designated seating area is located in the Grandstand and Paddock trackside area.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) for public use.
- The nearest accessible toilet(s) is/are located within the Haldon Stand.
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest standard toilet(s) is/are located within the Haldon Stand.
Related Access Guides
- To view other DisabledGo access guides that are related to this one please use the links below.
- Getting around Exeter Racecourse link (new tab) - click here.
- Haldon Stand - Premier link (new tab) - click here.
- Grandstand and Paddock - Trackside link (new tab) - click here.
- AP's Bar link (new tab) - click here.
- Martin Pipe Bar link (new tab) - click here.
- Parade Ring link (new tab) - click here.