- Travelling by car is easy, we're just minutes off junction 6 of the M3 and have over 2,500 safe, secure car parking spaces directly above the shopping centre.
Festival Place is located in the centre of Basingstoke, off Festival Way.
- Festival Place has over 2,500 parking spaces.
The car park is divided into 5 zones Purple, Green, Orange, Yellow and Blue.
There is Blue Badge parking and parent and child parking in all zones.
- There is a bus stop within 150 metres of the shopping centre.
- The Bus Station is located at Festival Place, with direct access from the entrance by the escalators near Next, and from our Restaurant area.
- For more information on buses in Basingstoke please click here (opens new tab).
- The nearest railway station is Basingstoke.
- Basingstoke Station is located in the heart of the town centre, just a 5 minute walk from Festival Place with fast and frequent trains from neighbouring towns.
Leave the station by the main exit and walk straight ahead, crossing the road, towards Sainsbury's.
Keep walking straight ahead, following the pedestrian walk way and you will find the Festival Place entrance in front of you.
- For more information on Basingstoke Station (National Rail) please click here (opens new tab).
- For information on getting here by car, bus or train please follow the link for Festival Place.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a Hands-Free Shopping service.
- Click and Collect allows customers to browse and buy online before collecting items from the stores in Festival Place.
There is a click and collect counter in the Customer Services Lounge.
Items can also be collected in individual stores.
- Guest Services Associates, Security Officers, Concierge Associates and Car Park Attendants receive Autism Awareness training.
- There is not a member of staff trained in British Sign Language. Please phone the venue in advance for more information.
- Guest Services Associates do receive training in escorting visually impaired people.
- The Guest Services Team receive training though AccessAble on how to assist visually impaired people. Additionally, staff members approach customers on a case by case basis to ask whether any assistance is required.
- Alternative formats of the shopping centre map are available in large print.
- There is not an assistance dog toilet or toileting area at the venue/nearby.
- There is a designated place of safety which can be used by people with dementia, autism or learning disabilities.
- The designated place of safety is in the Customer Services Lounge.
- The venue offers a quiet shopping experience.
- Each Wednesday from 16:00 - 19:00 and each Saturday from 09:30 - 10:30, there will be a more relaxed environment for shoppers at Festival Place.
Centre music will be off within these hours, with participating retailers turning off their music in stores.
- Water bowls for assistance dogs are available.
- Wheelchairs and Scooters can be hired from Shopmobility Basingstoke.
Shopmobility offers a range of wheelchairs and electric scooters for hire on a daily or part daily basis. Full training is offered.
Located adjacent to Festival Place, off Church Street, Shopmobility have their own car parking places.
Please call 01256 476 066 or log on to Shopmobility Basingstoke (opens in new tab).
- A selection of children's ear defenders can be found in the Customer Services Lounge.
Ear Defenders are available to use around the centre and conform to EN352-1 and CE marked.
- A Changing Places toilet can be found at the Discovery Centre, during the hours of Monday – Friday 8:30 to 18.30 Saturday 8:30 - 16.30
These facilities are open during the opening times of the Discovery Centre and include:
An adult-sized and height-adjustable changing bench.
A ceiling track hoist designed to be used with loop attachment slings.
A centrally placed toilet with room either side for carers.
- Festival Place is a dog friendly shopping centre, however please click here for guidance before visiting. Participating stores have a sticker in their window which shows they are dog friendly.
Outside Access (Customers Services Lounge)
- This information is for the entrance located on level 1 of Festival Place, between Blacks and Swarovski.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- This entrance is signed with 'Customer Lounge'.
- There is step-free access at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) by sliding.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the opening is 275cm.
- There is a member of staff available for assistance at this entrance.
Customer Services Lounge
- The Customer Services Lounge is located on Level 1, between Blacks and Swarovski.
- The surface of the flooring within the Customer Services Lounge is vinyl.
- The lighting levels are good.
- The Customer Services Lounge Information desk is located on the right of the as you enter, approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the entrance.
- The information desk is clearly visible from the entrance and there is step-free access.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the information desk.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the information desk which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The information desk is placed in front of a background which is patterned.
- The height of the information desk is 120cm and there is a lowered section at a height of 85cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the lowered section of the desk.
- There is a bell on the desk at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is a hearing assistance system available within the Customer Services Lounge.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- The hearing loop system was not working at the time of survey (November 2023).
- There are touchscreens to the left as you enter.
- The height of the table for the touchscreens is 83cm.
- The height of the touchscreens are between 96cm and 116cm.
- There are lockers available, some of which are low level (keyhole is 37cm high).
- There is a carpeted seating area with armchairs.
- A TV screen is within the seating area and the height is 98cm to 159cm.
- There is a photocopier / printer available for visitors.
- There is a small area of the Customer Services Lounge called the Calm Corner which is a designated place of safety for children or adults with learning difficulties, dementia and autism.
- The opening into the room is 82cm wide.
- The dimensions of the room are 160cm x 180cm.
- The room is carpeted and has a bean bag, a shelf and sensory toys for children to play with.
- The lighting levels are low within the room.
- Kiddie Cars are available for customers with children.
- A rental fee applies and a deposit is required with a form of ID.
- Radar keys for access to accessible toilets are available free of charge.
- The counter is located at the rear of the Customer Services Lounge.
- The counter is approximately 8m (8yd 2ft) from the Customer Services Lounge entrance.
- The counter is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step-free access to the counter.
- There is a clear unobstructed route to the counter.
- There are no windows, TVs, glazed screens or mirrors behind the counter which could adversely affect the ability of someone to lip read.
- The counter is not placed in front of a plain background.
- The lighting levels at the counter are good.
- The height of the counter is 120cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a lowered section of the counter.
- The height of the lowered section at the counter is 85cm.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the lowered section of the counter.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the low/lowered section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system at the counter.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- The type of flooring in this area is vinyl.
- There are accessible and standard toilets located on the ground level off Wesley Walk, Bedford Square and Potters Walk.
Festival Place Shopping Areas
- For information about the Ground Level please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about Festival Square please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about St John’s Square please click here (opens in new tab)
- For information about the Upper Level please click here (opens in new tab).