Show Easy Read
Location of Room(s)
- The Sarah Fell Room is/are located in the Small Meeting House, on the second floor of Friends House.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for Friends House - Main Building please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- There is/are 4 deep (18cm+) step(s) for access to the room(s).
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked and has/have handrails on both sides.
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not step free access to the speaker's area at the front.
- There is a very deep step to access the speaker's area with a height of 30cm.
- There is a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- The clear floor space beneath tables in the room(s) is 67cm.
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- At time of survey we were informed that a ramp would be added in the near future.
- There is an area to your left on entrance before encountering the stairs or lift which can be seen in photographs 7 and 8.
- There is a screen here which can be used to show the events taking place on the speaker's area.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located ahead as you enter.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The dimensions of the lift are 100cm x 145cm (3ft 3in x 4ft 9in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing enhancement system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- The lift may not be obvious on arrival as you will find a set of stairs in its location instead, as shown in photograph 2.
- When the lift is activated the steps transform into the platform lift visible in photograph 1.